Where Is The Customer In Your Sea Of Cloud Data And Metrics?
If you have migrated your applications to the cloud — whether a public cloud, a private cloud, or hybrid — you know that the virtual instances and underlying cloud computing platform provide a sea of data for analysis. You are probably drowning in it.
Platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and OpenStack all provide data to help system administrators manage CPU, disk, and bandwidth. Additional data can be gathered, such as:
- Fault information from instances and applications
- Flow data (Netflow, sFlow, IPFIX) to provide IP network traffic analysis
- Direct application monitoring
- You may have added your own metrics, too.
The volume of data generated by the platforms is enormous and very useful for resolving network monitoring issues when you only care about a few data points.
But this doesn’t answer questions about how well services are running or the customer’s actual experience.
Customer and Service Assurance
Federos’ Assure1 unified service assurance framework provides end-to-end visibility across domains to enable you to proactively — in real-time — manage customer service level agreements for availability and performance.
Assure1 Service Management goes beyond determining if the systems and applications are running as expected. It can answer questions like:
- What is the quality of the service I’m providing?
- How is my capacity being impacted in one area or another?
- Should I be consolidating areas?
- Is the customer experience at expected levels?
The Assure1 solution provides comprehensive data collection from a large number of network elements and systems. It aggregates, correlates, and analyzes volumes of data to provide insights on services and customers, not just networks. Assure1’s powerful analytics engine provides fault, metric and topology management to cull out the service and customer information from the vast quantities of data coming fast and furious from network devices and systems.
Assure1 correlates Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Key Quality Indicators (KQIs) for specific services and customers — things your business cares about. This enables you to “see the forest from the trees”, measure the performance of your services, and make intelligent business decisions.
Assure1 also helps you manage your cloud by gathering information on cloud service topology, load balancers, etc. So you can make a smart business decision. For example:
- Elastic cloud capacity. Make smarter decisions on where cloud capacity needs to be elastic, so you can scale up or down the number of services needed to support demand, such as to provide appropriate capacity for a sale or promotion — at the right place and while it is needed.
- Cloud consolidation. Don’t pay for capacity you don’t need. By correlating Service Level Management services and billing information you can make smart decisions on consolidation to reduce your costs.
Don’t Drown in a Sea of Data
Assure1’s ability to unify, simplify, and automate data from any source and to manage it from a customer service agreement perspective can give you a competitive advantage. This service level view, as measured by KPIs and KQIs, lets you focus on the customer without drowning in a sea of data.